09 Jan Self Reflection
With the start of the new decade you may be excited to plan for your future.
Before you embark on your new exciting ideas and goals it is well worth having a reflection of the year that has just passed.
Take time to reflect on all the things you have accomplished so far – pause on your busy week to sit and think exactly what you have achieved over the past 12 months.
- What areas of your life have made you the happiest over the past year?
- what goals were you successful in achieving – how do you feel?
- Looking back where did you spend more of your energy?
- Where did you not spend enough energy?
- Are your goals still relevant, have you created new habits that you are continuing with?
- What did you not achieve that you want to do differently this year?
- What new goals are you setting yourself?
- Challenge yourself – what do you want to do this year that will take you out of your comfort zone?
The Power of Self Reflection
Self reflection will help you to learn exactly who you are. If you continually go through life feeling unhappy then stop and think why?
“the journey into self love and self acceptance must begin with self examination. Until you take the journey of self reflection, it is almost impossible to grow or learn”
By understanding who you are now and who you want to become, will help you to identify the steps you need to take on that journey. Looking at your daily life and your behaviour, your choices, where you spend your time – does it make you happy? unhappy? are you feeling productive with your days?
Take a step back and think about your daily life.
Once you take time to think about what really matters to you then you can start to make changes.
Reflecting weekly, say a day of your choice, can help you to keep on track, notice your inner thoughts, how you are truly feeling, what you can eliminate and what you can introduce to improve your 2020.
A reminder I am available to meet for one to one free discussion on Thursday, Friday or Saturday in Eastbourne which is time for you to spend reflecting on you and what you really want to change for this year and years ahead.
This service is also available over skype/zoom if you are not local to me.